The time is flying by, and we now only have 40 days until Christmas! Shops are beginning to play their Christmas songs, and restaurants, pubs and bars and brimming with workers enjoying early Christmas parties.
- Donate £5 to Community Christmas by texting SNTA05 £5 to 70070 to help us match more older people with events in their area.
- Take two bunches of flowers to the nurses at your local hospital, one for the nurses and one for them to give to whoever they decide needs them most.
- Double pay to use a toilet in a train station, so that the person behind you gets in for free.
- Leave a jar of something special in your local food back collection.
- By a few pairs of gloves from the pound shop and hand out to the homeless as you pass.
- Wish someone a Merry Christmas in November!
- Buy a hot drink for the person collecting for charity outdoors.
- If you use social media, post something nice about somebody on their wall.
- Tape a plastic bag full of five pence pieces to a vending machine.
- If you know anyone who is older and has lost their sight, ask them which newspaper they used to read, buy it and read it to them – over the phone or in person.
Before we go, one quick reminder, if you’re organising a Christmas Day event for people who would otherwise be alone, register it on our website at http://communitychristmas.org.uk/contact-us/register-an-event-or-activity/.