In the meantime, here are our first 10 suggestions, with 90 more to come before Christmas Day arrives once again! They may seem small, but the impact can be huge!
- Smile at a stranger
- Hold a door open for somebody
- Help someone put their shopping into their car at a supermarket
- Tell local people who struggle to get out all about a local event you’ve discovered
- Check on any unwell neighbours, and if needs be pop to the shop for a few essentials for them
- Introduce an elderly neighbour to a tablet – maybe Skype a grandchild.
- Lend someone one of your favourite books with no expectation of receiving anything in return
- Make too much food for dinner so you can share the leftovers with a neighbour who may have trouble cooking
- If you see somebody struggling with a pram at a set of steps, don’t hesitate to offer your help
- Introduce yourself to a new neighbour and see if they would like a nice cup of tea and a proper chat
See, we told you they were simple, but wouldn’t it be nice if we all took a bit more time to do more of the things above.